Black Stars head coach, Avram Grant, has refused to rule out a return to the team for Sule Ali Muntari after the former Inter Milan man sent a letter of apology to the Ghana Football Association last week.
Ali, who plays for Al Ittihad in Saudi Arabia, was indefinitely suspended after he physically assaulted a member of the Black Stars management team, Moses Armah during the 2014 World Cup.
Grant says the door is opened to all players and that includes Sule Muntari but his decision to bring in new players will be based on whether they can add some quality to the Black Stars.
“I am now aware of what happened in the past with Muntari but if he has apologised, then that is fine. The door is opened for everyone. We have a good, young team now and the average age is right,” Grant said in an interview with Kumasi-based radio station Nhyira FM.
He continued: “We need to have some more experience though but those who will come into the team must be better than what we have now and they should be doing a good job.”
It is not too clear if Grant will invite Muntari back into the national team even though, the Israeli is said to be a fan of Muntari.
The Black Stars are in the draw for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers slated for June 24 and perhaps, Grant’s selection plans will become clearer when the qualifiers begin.
By: Rahman Osman/citifmonline.com/Ghana');